Search Engine Optimization is the process to optimize your Website / Blog for search engines. Most of the traffic to a blog is from Search Engines like Google, Bing , Yahoo etc. So, You want to optimize your blog for search engines. If your blog is highly SE Optimized, your blog traffic and page rank will increase like a sky rocket. Search engine optimization is a difficult thing, but it is not impossible for you. SEO are in two types, In-site SEO and Off-Site SEO. In-site SEO includes Keywords, Title tag and other things include in your site and Off-Site SEO include external links. If your external links (Backlinks) to your blog higher , your SEO and Page rank will also higher.
Search Engine Optimization - Important Things
There are so many SEO Tactics to get a best rank in Search Results. These are shown below:
1. Keywords: Keywords are the words we used to search on search engines like Google, Bing…etc. Every search queries is based on some Keywords. Eg: For a matrimonial website, The main keyword of that site is Matrimonial. You want to optimize your blog with Keywords. If you are using Wordpress, There is an option to insert your Keywords manually. Your blog name must include your main keyword.
2. Page Title: Page Title is the main name of your Blog. This name will show on search engines. Don’t use a large title or a short title. The Title must between 10-70 characters. Use blog domain as your Page name. Add the below tag to add a page title.
3. Meta Tag: You can inform the Keywords and Description of your blog to Search Engines by using Meta Tags. Your Visitors can’t see this meta tags. You want to insert important keywords on the meta description too. It will help to increase your search engine rank. Meta Description must contain 70 – 160 Characters. Eg:
4. Headings: You want to insert heading tags to your blog post. It will help you to get more traffic.
5. Content: ‘Content is the King’. The most important thing for SEO is the Content of your blog. If your content is awesome, your blog get high traffic. Your content must includes H1,H2 tags and keywords. The ratio between Text and HTML must be 15%.
6. Site Map: You want to upload a Site map to Search engines for index all your posts and Pages in search engines. You can generate a sitemap using ‘Site map generators’. Go to Google Webmaster tools and Bing Webmaster tools and upload your sitemap.
Best Premium SEO Plugins for Wordpress
There are so many SEO plug-ins for Wordpress to optimize your blog for search engine easily. Here is a list of some FREE and must have SEO plug-ins which can make your SEO efforts easier :
1. All in One SEO by Wordpress
2. Wordpress SEO by Yoast
3. SEO Friendly Images
4. XML-Site Map
1. SEOPressor – It is an awesome SEO plugin that includes Backlinks Syndication System, Rank Mover, Ultimate RSS Joiner, Press Release Cash Cow…etc. Price : Single Site - $47 Unlimited - $97
2. EasyWPSEO - This is one of the best plug-ins for ON-page SEO boost. Price : One Time - $3